Get the support you need for the activities you enjoy
Since Casa began, supporting people with disability to participate fully in society has been our core mission. Forty years on, Casa has helped hundreds of adults with disability in Central Australia to get involved, stay in their community and meet new people. We are passionate about assisting people to enjoy full, enriching and active lives by connecting with Country and community.
Community Access Activities
We strive to match people’s interests to activities, whether it’s a trip to the cinema or café, playing sport, joining a club, volunteering or something else. It’s up to you! We aim to match you with a disability support worker who shares your interests, to help you achieve your goals, participate in your community, increase your independence and confidence, and make friends.
Casa understands the importance for Aboriginal participants to stay connected to Country and family. We support you to maintain that connection.
We partner with other organisations like the Alice Springs Aquatic and Leisure Centre, to ensure we can offer innovative programs.
If there is an activity we don’t offer that you want to try – tell us. We will do our best to make it happen.
Some community activities Casa offers include:
- Visit galleries and museums
- Participate in sports (bowling, ball games, tennis, swimming, golf etc.)
- Walking exercise at Telegraph Station, Desert Park, Botanical Garden, Simpson’s Gap, etc.
- Support to do volunteer work
- Support to return to Country
- Attend medical appointments
- Support to develop transport independence
- Learn new skills, such as basic computer skills
- And more